– The normal rectal temperature of a Ferret is between 100 – 104 with 101.9 being the average.
– The normal heart rate of a Ferret is 180 – 250 bpm with 225 being average.
– Normal Ferret respiration is 33-36 per minute.
– Normal urine pH is 6.5 – 7.5
– Blood volume is 60-80 ml/ kg.
– Ferrets do possess toxoplasmosis in their systems. However, unlike cats they cannot release/ shed the infected eggs back into the environment, they hit a dead end, so humans cannot catch the disease.
Topics: ferret guides, ferret health tid bits, ferret information, ferrets, get ferret info